Biobank Manager - Romainville
QTC Recruitment is a reliable recruitment partner, specialising in search and selection of professionals in the life sciences industry. We provide tailored services all over Europe, offering a search proposal to find specialised candidates for demanding positions in a competitive labour market. Through decades of experience in life sciences recruitment, we have developed an extensive network of leading employers and specialists in Europe. Our goal is to make both clients and candidates happy with a new job opportunity or a matching specialist through our reliable, transparent, and personal way of doing business. QTC is all about making a difference for you on Quality, Time, and Cost.
In support of our biobank project, this position gives you the opportunity to manage a biobank for internal use on the three European sites of the company. The position completes the team of Translational Science with strong expertise in human sample management. Under the authority of the Project leader, you will manage the scientific, operational, regulatory, administrative, and organisational aspects of the project. The biobank is centralising a large diversity of animal and human samples from research and clinical studies.
- Daily operational functions of the biobank, including biological sample management. You must be able to perform any operational lab activities (sample storage, sample request, …).
- Provide guidance to biobank laboratory staff
- Implement internal process for human sample acquisition
- Provide support on biobank LIMS inventory to biologists, interaction with Information Systems department to improve the LIMS
- Lead the standardisation of sample storage and sample preparation processes in interaction with biologists in the three sites, including quality control and procedures
- Coordinate and/or perform biobank sample analysis
- Contribute to biobank data management, including implementation of an experimental data base linked to the sample inventory
- Interactions with key stakeholders: from laboratory staff to senior managers in discovery and development
- Follow-up of biobank regulation requirements, interactions with biobank authorities (three countries)
- Organise and lead meetings with relevant stakeholders
All this is done in a team-oriented, result-driven, multi-disciplinary and international research environment.
- You have a master in Biobank Management or a Ph.D. in life sciences or equivalent through experience
- You have at least four years experience in biobanking in biotech or pharma, ideally in France or Belgium
- Knowledge of biobank LIMS, experience with biobank Labware LIMS is a plus
- Knowledge of related ethical regulations, including an understanding of the ethical and practical issues in relation to handling of biological samples
- Knowledge of biobank quality requirement
- Knowledge of ontologies is an asset
- Experience in conducting research on different type of samples (serum, RNA, FFPE, cell …)
- Proven capabilities in leading and coordinating activities across groups with different expertise
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English, in writing and in presenting to team, cross-functional stakeholders within the company and senior management. The ideal candidate can compile and comprehensively present reports, plans for people of the same as well as non-related disciplines
- You have excellent organisational skills
- You can work under ambitious timelines
We tend to follow up every application within 48 hours. Please click on the apply button and get in touch with us.
Martin van der Velden