Business Intelligence & Upstream Marketing Manager - Ede
As the world population is growing we need smarter and more sustainable solutions in food and in health. NIZO, an independent contract research organization headquartered in Ede the Netherlands, has a track record of developing such much-needed and groundbreaking solutions: valued by its customers for these innovations, quality, sustainability improvements, and bridge to market, NIZO has been a trailblazer in the food and health industry since 1948.
At NIZO, we help our customers address todays key challenges and opportunities in their markets: transitioning to healthier and clean label foods; more sustainable production processes; transitioning to more plant-based proteins; new products from next generation probiotics and live biotherapeutics and demonstrating efficacy through clinical en microbiome research. NIZO’s research and pilot production capabilities are at the heart of these needs. At NIZO, we also learned that true successful solutions are only possible when working very closely with our customers in the market to understand their true needs. Therefore, NIZO will expand its Marketing Team with a Business Intelligence & Upstream Marketing Manager
As a Business Intelligence/ Upstream Marketing Manager, you will identify new opportunities and define new service and product offerings to expand and grow (beyond) our current portfolio. The Upstream Marketing function continuously seeks answers to these two major questions:
- Where is the market going?
- What want customers next (including and beyond NIZO’s current portfolio)?
You will interface closely with Sales, Downstream Marketing, Innovation and R&D teams to establish potential for new revenue growth and translate this into viable and profitability new or improved NIZO products and services
- Work intimately with relevant external and internal stakeholders in identifying unmet customer needs for new product/business opportunities and assist in developing product/service concepts for both existing and new markets and customers.
- This involves understanding the market trends and dynamics, competitive landscape as well as translating customer needs into tangible new product/service opportunities.
- Set up a business intelligence architecture to collect, analyze and efficiently distribute market/customer/competitor information across the NIZO organization.
- Define and implement together with R&D, Downstream marketing and Sales teams future (hence long-range) product/service portfolio strategies. This also includes managing long-term platform life cycles, including analyses to support optimizing current product/service portfolios (though new development and differentiation, acquisition as well as discontinuation of specific products/services).
- Represent marketing in the cross-functional teams developing selected new products/services. Ensure proper market and customer input and feedback throughout the development cycle and launch.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in the NIZO’s key markets and applications.
- Represent organization as a primary contact for new product marketing.
- Travel requirement: 20-30%.
- MSc in Life Sciences.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of business experience is required (ideal candidate will have a blend of R&D and Upstream Marketing or Upstream & Downstream Marketing or Sales).
- Minimum of 5-10 year of experience in successful new product/market introductions within one or more of NIZO’s expertises.
- Proven track record in managing market research and/or upstream marketing.
- Personality traits we are looking for are determination to achieve results, sociable, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, creative and dynamic.
- Thrives in a team and experienced in working in an environment of competing priorities managing multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with experience in developing messaging to different target audiences and levels.
- The opportunity to work at a leading contract research organization in food and health.
- A challenging senior marketing position with a high level of independency.
- An exciting international R&D, Marketing and business environment, working with renowned customers, cutting edge technologies and a broad portfolio of diverse market development projects.
- A broad range of opportunities for starting new commercial initiatives and a key role in further shaping NIZO’s portfolio.
- An attractive compensation package.
For more information about this position please contact me.
Kelly van der Laan
Associate| Food (Science)
Share on Social Media