Malting Manager (France) - France
QTC Recruitment is a reliable recruitment partner, specialising in search and selection of professionals in the life sciences industry. We provide tailored services all over Europe, offering a search proposal to find specialised candidates for demanding positions in a competitive labour market. Through decades of experience in life sciences recruitment, we have developed an extensive network of leading employers and specialists in Europe. Our goal is to make both clients and candidates happy with a new job opportunity or a matching specialist through our reliable, transparent, and personal way of doing business. QTC is all about making a difference for you on Quality, Time and Cost.
Our client is a multinational and one of the largest malting companies worldwide. By using the most modern production techniques and their logistics capability, they are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently, which resulted in over 1.1 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world each year.
As a Plant Manager, you are reporting to the Multi Site Lead. You will operate and set strategic goals for the malting plant within business guidelines and deliver the highest quality of products at the lowest costs in line with business objectives.
Your role will involve:
- Production Process
– Ensuring produced malt meets the quality specifications by overseeing the process
– Sustaining and creating a centre of excellence for the special malts produced
– Liaising with the procurement and commercial team to ensure there is an adequate supply of barley to meet production requirements/customer deliveries
- Quality & HSE
– Fully and positively participating in all improvement initiatives to ensure that any changes in working practices, policies, or procedures are communicated to and actively supported by the team
– Continuous improvement of energy usage in line with the energy roadmap of the company
– Ensuring that all employees working on the site and all visitors are made aware of the H&S rules and regulations
– Directing, developing, leading, and motivating site teams through operational excellence, so they can deliver the highest possible level of personal and collective contribution to the set company goals
– Operating and preparing budgets to meet the business strategic objectives set for the site
– Ensuring plant operations and maintaining equipment in accordance with laid down standards
- Statutory/Legal Obligations
– Ensuring compliance with all the current legal and statutory obligations including, SHE, HACCP, Environmental, Food Safety, and Employment Legislation
Who are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate will be graduated preferably in: agriculture/food/science/engineering or an equivalent by experience
- Minimum 1-2 year plant management, or 3-4 years brewery management experience in the malting or brewing industry
- Fully familiar with energy management, process visualisation, budget and team management
- Experienced in operational excellence, and change management, continuous improvement principles
- Fluent French and English is essential
- The successful candidate is proactive and displays strong communication and interpersonal skills
- He/she is a team player and a motivator
We can offer you the possibility to be in command of one of the biggest malting plants in the world, and:
- 70.000 per year
- 8% holiday allowance
- Company car
- Health insurance
Associate | Food Sciences