Scientific Evaluation Lead - Mechelen
QTC Recruitment is a reliable recruitment partner, specialising in search and selection of professionals in the life sciences industry. We provide tailored services all over Europe, offering a search proposal to find specialised candidates for demanding positions in a competitive labour market. Through decades of experience in life sciences recruitment, we have developed an extensive network of leading employers and specialists in Europe. Our goal is to make both clients and candidates happy with a new job opportunity or a matching specialist through our reliable, transparent, and personal way of doing business. QTC is all about making a difference for you on Quality, Time, and Cost.
For our client, one of the most innovative and fast-growing biotech companies in Europe, we are looking for a Scientist Evaluation Lead. The “Scientific Evaluation Lead” will be responsible for identifying and assessing external project opportunities, mainly focussed on the fields of auto-immune diseases and fibrosis. The position will be involved in sourcing external assets, organising and leading various due diligence processes up to the presentation of selected assets to the internal evaluation board of the company. This is a key position for the future success of the organisation. The Lead will report the Therapeutic Area head and operate in close relationship with diverse members of the Therapeutic Area group as well as with the Business Development department.
- Actively identify and evaluate external molecules available for partnering or in licensing
- Build a view on the unmet need and competitive environment in relevant therapeutic areas through a network of internal and external experts
- Liaise with a network of internal and external experts to correctly interpret the risks associated to potential weaknesses of external assets
- Propose and organise key experiments of external assets under MTA for clarifying the profile of external assets through contacts with the pharmacology departments
- Deliver on present objectives in the areas described above and bring clear recommendations and presentations towards the internal evaluation board based on the information gathered
- Assist the business development team by providing high quality scientific support
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Ph.D. with at least 8+ years of experience in biotech / pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process, supported by a demonstrated track record in the participation to / management of drug discovery projects beyond lead optimisation stage
- The ability to prioritise, coordinate and manage a multitude of projects simultaneously in a high performance environment
- Strong analytical skills should allow the candidate to build a complete view on the strength and weaknesses of a molecule
- A strong capability to interpret the unmet need and competitive landscape in diverse therapeutic areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Good networking and entrepreneurial skills
- A position in an international and growing Biotech company
- The possibility to work in an dynamic and ambitious environment
- The opportunity to learn and develop yourself
- A competitive benefit packages
For more information you can contact Majsa Onderwater.