Scientific Evaluation Lead - Mechelen
QTC Recruitment is a reliable recruitment partner, specialising in search and selection of professionals in the life sciences industry. We provide tailored services all over Europe, offering a search proposal to find specialised candidates for demanding positions in a competitive labour market. Through decades of experience in life sciences recruitment, we have developed an extensive network of leading employers and specialists in Europe. Our goal is to make both clients and candidates happy with a new job opportunity or a matching specialist through our reliable, transparent, and personal way of doing business. QTC is all about making a difference for you on Quality, Time, and Cost.
Galapagos has engaged a significant effort aiming at acquiring external assets that fit within the company’s scientific strategy. The “Scientific Evaluation Lead” will be responsible for identifying and assessing external project opportunities, mainly in the fields of auto-immune diseases and fibrosis. The position will be involved in sourcing external assets, organising and leading various due diligence processes up to the presentation of selected assets to the internal evaluation board of Galapagos. This is a key position for the future success of the organisation. The Lead will report the Therapeutic Area head and operate in close relationship with diverse members of the Therapeutic Area group as well as with the Business Development department.
- Actively identify and evaluate external molecules available for partnering or in licensing.
- Build a view on the unmet need and competitive environment in relevant therapeutic areas through a network of internal and external experts
- Liaise with a network of internal and external experts to correctly interpret the risks associated to potential weaknesses of external assets
- Propose and organize key experiments of external assets under MTA for clarifying the profile of external assets through contacts with the pharmacology departments
- Deliver on present objectives in the areas described above and bring clear recommendations and presentations towards the internal evaluation board based on the information gathered
- Assist the business development team by providing high quality scientific support
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Ph.D. with at least 8+ years of experience in biotech / pharmaceutical industry.
- In depth knowledge of the drug discovery process, supported by a demonstrated track record in the participation to / management of drug discovery projects beyond lead optimization stage
- The ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage a multitude of projects simultaneously in a high performance environment
- Strong analytical skills should allow the candidate to build a complete view on the strength and weaknesses of a molecule
- A strong capability to interpret the unmet need and competitive landscape in diverse therapeutic areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to support the interactions with the Galapagos functions, external collaborators as well as external parties seeking to partner external assets
- Good networking and entrepreneurial skills
QTC Recruitment +31(0)23-7548660
Apply directly or go to the Galapagos site: http://careers.glpg.com/o/scientific-evaluation-lead