Senior Scientist Flavour & Perception - Ede
NIZO is the world’s leading company in contract research for better food and health and a private and independent company. As one of the most advanced R&D centres in the world they bring the latest food technologies to life in their food grade processing centre. NIZO’s focus is on the development and applications of innovations for the global food industry and related markets. The customers value their gains in product quality, sustainability, cost effectiveness and speed to market. NIZO is continuously looking for new ways of improving food products, and at the same time quality of life. With the headquarter in Ede, the Netherlands, NIZO is based in the heart of the Dutch Food Valley.
For the Senior Scientist Flavour and Perception position, we are looking for a team player, who can adapt easily in project teams of different composition, dealing with a wide variety of topics and research questions. The candidate should be able to lead and scientifically direct multiple projects simultaneously and keeps overview also in busy times.
We are looking for a solid background in flavour chemistry, food products and human sensory experience. We are looking for a scientifically driven person, who has good and relevant scientific relationships. The candidate should have vast experience in translating scientific findings and principles into practice, i.e. improving food products.
- Initiate and acquire strategic, multi-client research projects in the area of flavour, taste and texture perception to expand the understanding of human sensory experience, flavour and texture
- Translate customer needs into scientifically sound technology or ingredient-based solutions which can be applied within the practical limitations of food products
- Contribute to understanding the underlying fundamentals of flavour, taste, and texture analysis and perception, cross-modal interactions, and sensory science
- Collaborate with scientist and expertise leaders of other disciplines within NIZO; act as consultant
- Collaborate with scientific and technical experts, both internally and externally, resulting in scientific publications
- A practical, pro-active and internationally recognised expert in the area of flavour, taste, and texture analysis and perception, with a particular interest in cross-modal interactions
- A PhD with strong emphasis on sensory quality of food products; e.g. food technology, food science, sensory science, flavour chemistry
- Driven by understanding the fundamentals of perception, and especially understanding and characterisation of the in-vivo eating experience
- Creative and conceptual thinker with a strong vision on future developments in the field
- At least 10 years of experience in food or related relevant industry
- A network both in the industry and the academic world
- Track record in the scientific literature
- A flexible and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication skills (also in English); ability to get the message across
- Experience in statistics is preferred
- A dynamic, inspiring and creative environment with state-of-the-art facilities, where you can develop your personal skills
- Experience working on challenging research questions for a wide range of food and ingredient companies
- Become part of a well-established and internationally recognised organisation
- An enthusiastic team of professionals to co-operate with
- An attractive compensation package: competitive salary, 25 holidays plus 13 “ADV”-days, travel reimbursement and free pension plan
- The possibility to develop further in particular fields of interest
In case you are interested in this job, or would like to know if we can offer other similar jobs, feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Consultant | Food (Sciences)