Team Leader Cell Pharmacology Expert Team - Mechelen
QTC Recruitment is a reliable recruitment partner, specialising in search and selection of professionals in the life sciences industry. We provide tailored services all over Europe, offering a search proposal to find specialised candidates for demanding positions in a competitive labour market. Through decades of experience in life sciences recruitment, we have developed an extensive network of leading employers and specialists in Europe. Our goal is to make both clients and candidates happy with a new job opportunity or a matching specialist through our reliable, transparent, and personal way of doing business. QTC is all about making a difference for you on Quality, Time, and Cost.
Galapagos’ activities are rapidly expanding, leading to an increased need for new computer systems throughout the company. The central Information Systems (IS) department works in close cooperation with all departments to select, implement and support systems. Many of the activities are executed through planned projects.
The scope of projects is broad. The majority of projects are in support of Research and Development Operations but since each department in Galapagos is expanding, projects to support Shared Services are also part of the scope. In addition, Galapagos is preparing for new areas, like Commercial Operations, and these will be needing system solutions as well. All of this results in a very interesting work environment with more than enough variation!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist with solid expertise in cell biology to lead a newly created Cell Pharmacology Expert Team.
- Develop, manage and motivate a team of researchers supporting Galapagos’ drug discovery projects
- Supervise, organize and develop the activities of this team, take responsibility for resource planning, prioritization of activities and efficient, high quality execution
- Provide experimental and scientific leadership and expertise in core areas such as in vitro cellular assay development, High Content Analysis based assay development and advanced cellular systems (3D cultures, primary cells, organized cultures, …)
- Identify, evaluate and implement new cell-based technologies and advanced cell culture methods
- Ensure a high level scientific standard is maintained on all projects
- Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams
- Contribute to the management and performance of the cell pharmacology department trough leadership of own team, participation in relevant operational, scientific and/or project meetings and present scientific output
- Ph.D. followed by post-doctoral training or equivalent, with relevant work experience in cell biology, cellular pharmacology or related discipline
- A previous experience in an industrial environment is mandatory
- Strong background and experience in team and people management, ideally obtained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Minimum 10 years of experience with proven track record in cellular target and disease related in vitro assay development
- Experience required in developing target-based cell assays that probe the pharmacological modulation of the target activity in the cellular context, ideally for kinases and GPCRs; experience with other target classes is an advantage
- Experience in high content assay work is a plus
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following therapeutic areas is a clear plus: immune inflammation, fibrosis, metabolic diseases, poly cystic kidney disease
- Ability to drive multiple projects within a matrix based organization and via intense collaboration; ability to adapt activities priorities to challenging deliverables
- Creative and able to bring new ideas from scientific literature; pragmatic and problem solver attitude
- Team player with objectives-driven mind-set
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent communication in English is a must
- Autonomous, able to delegate and to empower people
An attractive job in an international, growing Biotech company. You may expect:
- To work within a flexible team with experienced colleagues, providing unique opportunities for new experiences;
- An opportunity to work mostly independent and to contribute directly to the success of Galapagos
- A very broad scope of activities A competitive salary & benefits package
In case you are interested in this job, or would like to know if we can offer other similar jobs, feel free to contact QTC Recruitment.
Apply directly or go to the Galapagos website: http://www.glpg.com/careers-job/job-info/senior-project-manager-information-systems-mechelen