Therapeutic Area Lead - Mechelen
QTC Recruitment is a reliable recruitment partner, specialising in search and selection of professionals in the life sciences industry. We provide tailored services all over Europe, offering a search proposal to find specialised candidates for demanding positions in a competitive labour market. Through decades of experience in life sciences recruitment, we have developed an extensive network of leading employers and specialists in Europe. Our goal is to make both clients and candidates happy with a new job opportunity or a matching specialist through our reliable, transparent, and personal way of doing business. QTC is all about making a difference for you on Quality, Time and Cost.
For a fast-growing international biotech company, we are looking for a Therapeutic Area Lead for their Belgium office.
In the area of inflammation and/or fibrosis, the Therapeutic Area Lead drives the projects to success, acting from target discovery up to pre-clinical candidate delivery.
This role operates in a matrix environment and matches (orchestrates) the activities of several departments, ranging from in vitro through in vivo pharmacology, to an optimised project testing cascade. He / she will also be involved in research activities for projects that entered clinical phases and in external academic and industrial collaborations. The Therapeutic Area Lead will assist in building an up-to-date knowledge environment, allowing to design a competitive strategy to address specific diseases.
The position reports directly to the Therapeutic Area Head.
The responsibilities in this position will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Leading internal or partnered drug discovery projects (small molecules or antibodies) in the area of Immune-inflammation or fibrosis
- Delivering against pre-set objectives
- Building a productive and trust-based collaboration with the Galapagos functions
- Providing high-quality scientific support to the development team, with emphasis on translational activities
- Managing external collaborations
- Contributing to the design of a competitive strategy to address specific diseases by sharing and building knowledge gathered from own insights, key literature, feedback of KOL’s, congresses
- Bringing key elements to map the competitive environment in the area and supporting strategic decision making towards the approaches and target selection
- Assisting the business development team by providing high quality scientific support
- Ph.D. with at least eight years’ experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process supported by a demonstrated track record of leadership in drug discovery projects. Solid knowledge of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology as well as of concepts in pharmacokinetics
- Solid knowledge of target validation processes
- Knowledge of translational concepts (use of target and disease biomarkers)
- Scientific expertise in inflammation, autoimmunity or fibrotic processes is an important advantage as well as an understanding of the competitive landscape in the area
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Talented in organising and planning
- Creative and critical thinker
- Able to build a synthetic view on literature in the field
- Experience in working in a matrix environment represents an advantage
An attractive job in an international, growing biotech company. You may expect:
- To work within a flexible team with experienced colleagues, providing unique opportunities for new experiences
- An opportunity to work mostly independent and to contribute directly to the success of the organisation
- A very broad scope of activities
- A competitive salary and benefits package
If you would like to learn more about this position or the company, feel free to reach out to me.
Associate | Biotechnology