Trade Compliance Specialist EMEA - Utrecht
Function Group: Procurement / Procurement Officer
Our client is based in the Utrecht area and is an established global leader in the medical devices industry. Within their specific market, our client is known for their top-quality products. Top quality products go hand-in-hand with top quality service.
The professional in this role will be supporting all tactical operations for the European Trade Compliance division for this multinational in the EMEA region. The responsibility is to ensure that all shipments related to import of export controls comply with U.S., E.U, and local regulations. Additionally, it has to be done in a manner that meets the operating standards, high standard quality requirements, compliance programs, and in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
The scope of this position includes ensuring implementation of effective global trade network resources both internally and externally, and minimise costs while assuring compliancy with governmental laws/regulations.
- Main point of contact for trade compliance matters
- Continuous improvement of trade compliance procedures and process with the corporate policies
- Manage supply chain trade security issues as per risk assessments
- Export licensing per product
- Performing compliance audits on the export and import activities
- Audit submissions by brokers and freight forwarders and resolve errors found in entry audits. Report substantial findings to reference contacts
- Support legal department in investigating and resolving trade compliance issues
- Ensure shipping/receiving associates properly handle import/export transactions
- Anticipates and mitigates potential trade compliance problems within the organisation and mitigates risk
- Provide internal training as directed/needed
- Minimum five years of Trade Compliance experience in an multinational organisation
- Strong experience with managing customs brokers
- Extensive project management experience
- Deep knowledge of EU customs legislation as well as U.S. and E.U. embargo and sanctioned regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, preferably also fluent in Dutch or another European language
- Familiarity and/or experience with LEAN, six sigma or similar programs preferred
- Proactive and integer approach
- Opportunity to work for an established global leader in the dental market
- An international workplace
- Following an extensive on-boarding and training process making you an expert in the medical and specifically dental field
- Room for personal and professional development
In case you are interested in this job, or would like to know if we can offer other similar jobs, feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate Supply Chain & Services | Medical Devices