Chief Executive Officer - Belgium
|Publication date:||January 02 2020|
Function Group: Management / CEO
We have a very exciting opportunity available. We are currently recruiting for a to be formed organisation that is focussing on the development of a new class of antibodies, formulated for the animal health sector. Their platform technique is unique, and is based on over ten years of intensive leading-edge research. To strengthen the current executive team and to ensure that this organisation further develops their technology and commercialise their products, we are looking for an experienced business development executive to serve as their CEO.
Primary objective of the CEO: In this position, you will be responsible to start up and successfully grow this new business, by setting strategy and direction, building and leading a small entrepreneurial team, and further working on corporate development in the broadest sense of the word (interacting with customers and other stakeholders, capital allocation and financing road shows, expanding the technology, production, regulatory etc). In cooperation with the other executives and investors you will work in a wide range of related strategy projects as needed.
What are your key responsibilities:
- Overseeing the to be set-up company in the broadest sense of the word
- Build the organisation forward as you seem fit
- Make appropriate recommendations on company strategy and generate buy in from other stakeholders
- Lead negotiations to any agreements, as well as presenting proposed agreements to executive team / board
- Identifying the above opportunities for this platform and execute deals
- Creating and participating actively in the relevant networks, conferences, etc.
- Evaluate alliance and partnership trends and provide analysis and recommendations
- Expected very much to be a “hands on function” i.e. able to work independently but with the ability to lead a matrix group and/or to proactively and meaningfully participate in other group led discussions.
- Actively participating in fundraising, or working on other methods the generate funds (IPO, Exit Strategy, Non-dilutive financing etc.)
What are we looking for in terms of experience:
- A technical or scientific degree in life sciences, such as a MSc or PhD. Ideally you also have completed a Business Degree, such as an MBA or MSc in Management
- 10 years of experience in business development / corporate development
- Strong network within the field of animal health ( feed / feed additives) or in similar biotech environment
- Manage competing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload as needs evolve across projects;
- Previous experience in a startup / scale up company will be appreciated
- Strong and proven track record in concluding partnership deals and developing new business lines
- The ability to motivate and work with others in a highly collaborative environment and to establish common ground and forge partnerships
- Hands-on, pragmatic and easily adaptive to dynamic situations
- Interest to work and live in Belgium
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial mentality
- Collaborative mindset
- Resilient; remains calm and deliberate under any circumstance
- Enthusiastic and energetic
What can we offer you?
- You will play a key role in the future success of the company it is small enough to allow fast decision making, but it has a solid pipeline, and the financial resources to do things right
- It is your task as CEO to create a flexible organisation so you get the opportunity to build up from the ground which leads to interesting opportunities
- You will be offered a lot of opportunities to work on new development areas and work together with a team of feed /biotech industry veterans with a strong reputation and experience with scale-up’s.
- A competitive salary and benefits package
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.