Customer Success Director (US) - Boston
|Publication date:||February 12 2021|
|Employment type: ||Permanent|
|Function Group: ||Sales|
Function Group: Sales / Key Account Manager
For an organisation headquartered in Belgium with an office near Boston, we are currently recruiting a Customer Success Director. They are a global market leader in the development of groundbreaking semantic search technologies applicable to the Life Science industry. This organisation has developed a user-friendly search platform which makes unique links between siloed data sources enabling users to navigate data with great ease and positively influence decision making. After partnering with several leading Life Science organisations, the organisation is now looking to further expand while at the same time further develop this existing client base. For this they need a strong and experienced Customer Success Director.
Are you this professional and is your interest piqued? Please continue reading below!
As Customer Success Director, you will engage the aforementioned clients in the US to drive adoption of the platform inside their organisations and demonstrate ongoing value. This critical function is responsible for on-boarding new customers, driving ongoing adoption and expansion, and managing renewals and up-sells.
A role in which you will be the linking pin between the valued users, their experiences and their feedback and the organisation. You will create value on both sides of the spectrum and will therefore be of paramount importance.
- You will drive retention and growth with their most valuable customers by deeply understanding their business needs and helping them succeed
- You will maintain an ongoing cadence of communication with customers and build relationships that enable you to brainstorm ideas, expand the platform’s use cases and grow the user base
- You will identify opportunities for customers to serve as advocates for the platform, both inside their organisations and publicly in the industry through success stories and thought leadership
- You will forge a close working relationship with the Solution Delivery team to configure, deploy, maintain, and enhance the platform inside their customers’ organisations
- You will maintain an internal knowledge base on each of their customers and will represent the voice of the customer to inform their marketing campaigns, sales process, and product roadmap
As the ideal candidate, you hold at minimum a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field, and optionally an MBA, PMP, or related advanced degree or certification.
Additionally you have:
- At least 5 years experience in enterprise customer success, account management, or related functions.
- Generated proven results in enterprise customer success that you can share to qualify your candidacy.
- Experience in building and maintaining effective enterprise customer relationships that mitigate churn, drive engagement, and lead to renewals and up-sells.
- Created and executed enterprise customer success plans/strategies that achieved the desired results, both for your customers and your employer.
- Closely collaborated with sales and service teams to deliver and capture outstanding value, and with product and engineering teams to inform product improvements and product roadmap.
- Excellent communication, organisational and collaboration skills with colleagues and customers.
- Adapted to the work-at-home conditions of 2020 and remained successful / produced results.
- Apositive, empathetic, can-do, results-driven attitude with a bias for speed and action.
- A good amount of proficiency with GSuite, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Slack and/or equivalent digital tools.
- A desire to work in a start-up / scale-up environment, with previous success having done so.
- Led a customer success team and/or been part of establishing a customer success function (this is optional but nice to have in anticipation of future company and team growth).
As a bonus we greatly welcome experience:
- With platform or software subscription business models, with growth in monthly or annual recurring revenue (MRR/ARR) being a primary measure of your job performance and compensation plan.
- In the life science industry, specifically with pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and/or related companies that possess complex data generated in animal and human research activities.
And most importantly you are:
- A fast leaning team player who is passionate, communicative, results and solution driven, and quality focused.
Taking all aspects of this challenging role in account, the organisation will offer you a reward that will be in line with a role of this level and will be comprised of a competitive base and equally competitive variable component.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Martin van der Velden
Principal Associate | Biotech/Pharma division
+31(0)6 8365 6209