Finance and Treasury analyst - Melbourne
Function Group: Management / CFO
BOORTMALT, a multinational owned by the French cooperative AXEREAL, the French cooperative TEREOS and the investment funds TEMASEK and UNIGRAINS, is a rapidly growing company that grew in the past 92 years from a local company to a world player. With over 27 production facilities worldwide, Boortmalt is one of the largest malting producers in the world.
Our global organization is focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we can supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
As Finance and Treasury Analyst, you will be responsible for the day to day operations in regard to financial management. In this role you work closely with the Group Treasurer based in Antwerp (Belgium).
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Supplier payment management. Consists of uploading of payment file and manual payments in clearing system, and approval process
- Bank account statement management. Consists of capturing bank statements and uploading them in the accounting system for reconciliation (or manual reconciliation in the accounting system if an upload isn’t possible)
- Repayment of loans according to schedule
- Preparing a cash forecast
- Produce the reporting requested by the Group and local authority
- Manage the bank relationship
- Ensure of incident follow-up and resolution related to payments or collection, bank statement integration
Foreign exchange management
- Sell/buy foreign currency on the spot market as required to
- Hedge sales contracts on the forward markets
- Forecast currency exposure other than sales contracts (payroll, corporate taxes,…)
- Cover purchase risk relating to large capital purchases
- Realign currency cover in compliance with Hedge accounting
- Assist with Hedging review of open barley positions
- Reconcile open Foreign Exchange position against approved limits
- Raise or process letter of credits as required
- Customer Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) review of new customers
- Credit establishment and review
- Release blocked orders upon review with the business
- Identify and implement off balance sheet working capital financing
The person we are looking for has a proven experience in:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or equivalent
- At least 3 year of experience in financial operations
- Fluent in English (Dutch or French is considered a plus)
- Experience with treasury and financial management systems
Shows a professional attitude with main characteristics:
- Pro-active person
- Excellent communication skills (cross-departmental)
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities, an attractive salary and benefits.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Associate | Food (Science)
Share on Social Media