Global Automation Expert - Antwerp
Function Group: Engineering / Automation Engineer
BOORTMALT (the malting business of the agro-industrial French cooperative group AXEREAL), is a rapidly growing company that grew in the past 92 years from a local company to a world player. With over 26 production facilities worldwide, Boortmalt is one of the largest malting producers in the world.
Their global organisation is focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types to meet the exacting requirements of their brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with their far-reaching logistics capability, they can supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
The Global MES Expert will be reporting directly to the Chief Information and Digitisation Officer and will be responsible to ensure the optimal MES set up and define continuous monitoring and improvement measures for all Boortmalt locations worldwide.
In this role, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the development of the manufacturing automation vision and strategy, based on a comparison of the different solutions in use in the group
- Develop, implement and benchmark automation practices and standards.
- Participate in multidisciplinary projects to lead the automation specification, design and validation process.
- Oversee and provide direction to assure conformance with automation practices, standards and codes.
- Coordinate & execute system administration activities and changes of manufacturing automation infrastructure (Network, Servers, Databases, Applications) in accordance with pre-defined procedures, while ensuring its security, continuity, performance and maintainability.
- Engineer and implement software changes in the PLC, SCADA, BATCH, MES and other manufacturing automation related applications.
- Pro-actively identify areas of improvements and develops structural solutions.
- Follow-up production calamities by performing Root Cause Analysis, implementing Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions.
- Provide knowledge transfer to Maintenance Technicians to enable high quality 1st line support
- Manages the solutions lifecycle, launch replacements, upgrades new releases where needed.
- Insure system protection & data confidentiality
- As MES expert, interface & support within the global & zonal members of the IT team
- Define and document complex system requirements and determine system specifications, processes and parameters
- Follow up, manage and escalate incidents in order to asap restore a stable environment
- Troubleshooting in case of complex problems/ service break downs in the process automation (PLC/ SCADA/ MES/ OEE);
- Implement new technologies and improvements in order to ensure best practices for the company
- Keep track of the design, execution and finalization of the MES projects.
- Ensure the security protocols and best practices on MES are defined, communicated and followed.
- Follow up on latest technical developments and ensure internal training
The person we are looking for has a proven experience of:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in MES project execution (requirements analysis, design definition, software development and solutions implementation), in a related process industry such as biotech/pharmaceutical, chemical, food and beverage
- Good knowledge and solid implementation & benchmarking experience with MES systems (e.g. Siemens, Rockwell)
- Working knowledge of SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience with ERP interfacing (e.g. JDE or SAP) or other level four solutions is a plus
- Interested in implementation & assessment in process automation solutions
- Experienced in server/client/network hardware, Windows operating systems, virtualisation, SQL database and cyber security is considered a plus
- Experience of active directory, DNS, IP networks and virtualisation
Shows a professional attitude with main characteristics:
- A positive, customer-service and independent problem solver personality
- Strong team player
- Independent, creative and analytic problem solver, with a strong stress resistance
- Thorough, methodical and business minded
- Strong communication skills to build the relationships with users, colleagues and stakeholders
- A curiosity and drive to understand our business and improve our processes
- Is structured in thinking and acting
- Is transparent in reporting
- Is long term committed
If you want to join the Masters of malt, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities, an attractive salary and benefits.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Associate | Food (Science)
Share on Social Media