Indirect Procurement Manager - Bury Saint Edmunds
Function Group: Procurement / Procurement Manager
Boortmalt, a multinational owned by the French cooperative Axereal, the French cooperative Tereos and the investment funds Temasek and Unigrains is a rapidly growing company that grew in the past 92 years from a local company to a world player and is looking for an Indirect Procurement Manager. With over 27 production facilities worldwide, Boortmalt is one of the largest malting producers in the world.
Their global organisation is focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types to meet the exacting requirements of their brewing and distilling customers around the world. By using the most modern production techniques and with far-reaching logistics capability, they can supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
The Indirect Procurement Manager is responsible for the effective execution of the procurement activities for major CAPEX project(s) to mitigate risk, in alignment with organisation objectives, i.e. budgeting, scheduling, savings, quality, etc. The Indirect Procurement Manager builds and leverages strong working relationships with the regional plants and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and targets are clear and met for large investment projects. This role will report to the Group Legal & Group Indirect Procurement Manager.
- Build relationships with internal customers and key team members
- Create competitive environments with suppliers to support a negotiation strategy
- Manage procurement activities on CAPEX projects as well as on other types of spend projects
- Monitor current category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges and opportunities
- Analyse and consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyse purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives
- Collaborate with plant leadership/engineering to achieve lowest total cost of ownership through a combination of commercial and engineering levers
- Effectively engage internal and external stakeholders to ensure the comprehensive and well thought-out approach to contracting for each large project
- At times, lead the commercial side of major transversal projects (those which cross many sites), developing best-practice solutions, standardisation, preferred suppliers and national/regional agreements
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels
The person we are looking has the following profile:
- Based in the UK
- Bachelor degree in business, logistics, engineering, operations management or related field
- Five to ten years of experience in execution of procurement activities for CAPEX projects in a multi-based manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience in successfully leading and conducting the negotiation of contracts across technical and commercial areas
- Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery with strong analytical skills – spreadsheets, software tools, etc.
- Ability to prioritise various projects, multi-task and provide feedback to respective internal stakeholders as needed
- Ability to effectively manage internal and external stakeholder in multi-based environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate across regions and functions
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, they offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities, an attractive salary and benefits.
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, please feel free to contact me directly.
Associate Food (Sciences)
+31(0)6 12 39 13 34
+31(0)23 75 486 60
Share on Social Media