R&D Director - Paris
|Publication date:||March 18 2021|
|Employment type: ||Permanent|
|Sector: ||Medical Devices|
|Function Group: ||R&D|
Function Group: R&D / R&D Director
The organisation is a rapidly growing organisation that is specialised in the the field of molecular diagnostics for research and in vitro diagnostics we are looking for an R&D Director.
In order to be successful in this position the main missions are:
- Managing the R&D Department and give Scientific guidance
- Collaborate with the CEO and his scientific council on critical decisions, action plans and directions to be taken
- Ensure close collaboration with the international scientific community
- Participate in the innovation strategy in close collaboration with the General Management, he / she develops the product strategy of the company in accordance with the needs of the market. He / she organizes scientific and technical monitoring and studies their positioning in relation to the competition.
- Pilot and coordinate R&D projects. He / she supervises the progress of the company’s R&D projects. He / she sets the budgetary objectives (costs, deadlines …) and ensures the adequacy between the teams and the means (technical and financial) necessary for the conduct of operations. He / she ensures that the projects are carried out properly and reports the progress of the work to the General Management.
- He / she will have to take ownership of the scientific project, share the values of the Management team and create real proximity and collaborative work with the team
- Adaptable, entrepreneurial and creative, he / she will have to embody with the rest of the management team the new phase of growth of the company.
The candidate profile the organisation is looking for:
- Phd in a related field
- Solid experience in R&D with convincing results in innovation with scientific publications and presentations in the field of genetics and / or diagnostics.
- 10+ years Experience in the field of applied research, as well as in development, in the field of diagnostics, molecular biology, cell biology.
- Strong ability to create and maintain a network with industry and academic experts: successful experiences in developing and maintaining close partnerships with opinion leaders.
- He / she has a strong ability to manage multiple Research and Development programs and projects.
- Strong ability to conceptualize and innovatively integrate data from different R&D sectors.
- He / she acts as a leader and has excellent interpersonal skills.
- He / she has very good communication skills and is very comfortable in public presentations.
- He / she has proven experience in management in collective environment and matrix structure.
- Bilingual French / English
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Partner & Business Unit Director | Medical Technology & Healthcare