Sales Manager Europe - Bioprocessing market - Brussels
|Publication date:||May 25 2020|
Function Group: Sales / Sales Manager
For Ovizio, an organisation which develops and commercialises unique microscopes that serve the life sciences research and manufacturing industries all over the world, we are looking for a Sales Manager Microscopy Europe. They recently completed a substantial Series B financing round to realise the next stage of growth. This tech start-up located in Brussels consists of a group of 20 ambitious professionals who are highly motivated to bring Ovizio to the next level.
Their growing company is in need of an ambitious Sales Manager Microscopy to take ownership of the further commercialisation of their products in Europe. In this function, you will report directly to the CEO.
You will be able to play an essential role in the future of this fast-growing organisation. Which comes with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- Pursuing new business opportunities and develop, optimise a well-balanced sales strategy in the EU market
- Making appropriate recommendations on company commercial and marketing strategies and generate buy-ins from other stakeholders
- Working closely with customers to identify and interpret market dynamics influencing demands for new products and new assay development
- Demonstrating the company’s microscope at customer sites to nurture sales pipelines and close business on the company’s behalf
- Identifying the above opportunities for novel products and execute deals
- Maintaining and nurturing strong relationships with customers and distributors to ensure effective use of the company’s products as well as drive post sale business
- Growing the European sales team in due time and assume commercial end responsibility
- Working very intensively with the sales and marketing team to talk about cross region opportunities and be responsible for ensuring growth and development of these business-critical areas
We are looking for someone who has:
- A degree in biology, bioengineering, cell biology, immunology or similar disciplines
- At least four years’ experience in a relevant sales role
- Familiarity with fluorescence and bright-field microscopy techniques (preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of life sciences instrumentation and bioprocessing industries
- The ability to travel 30-50% of the time
- Technical understanding on a complex equipment
- Strong communication skills and a proactive and ambitious personality
- An entrepreneurial mindset
Within this role, you will be responsible for setting up the European commercial activities of a promising start-up. Furthermore, you will:
- Be able to work in an autonomous environment with a lot of responsibility
- Work on strategic projects and maintain key accounts
- Become responsible for a broad range of sales and marketing tasks
- Contribute to cutting-edge technology for tomorrow’s markets
- Work in a very energetic but almost family orientated environment where everyone has a clear passion for science and technology
Ovizio offers, on top of an attractive package, an exciting, innovative as well as challenging work environment where quality of work as well as autonomy and flexibility are key values.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Consultant | Medical Devices