Scientific Collaboration & Evaluation Leader - Brussels
Function Group: R&D / Discovery Project Leader
This organisation has engaged a significant effort aiming at acquiring external assets that fit within the company’s scientific strategy. This will be a highly visible position focussed on:
- Building its partnering and collaboration efforts with universities, non-profit organisations and biotech/pharma companies, and licensing and acquisition of novel therapeutics from various sources.
- The role will entail scouting for cross-therapeutic scientific collaboration opportunities, negotiating deals, working closely with internal scientists, strategic planning and analysis on early stage drug discovery projects will be part of the function.
You will directly work with the leadership team in discovery, in close collaboration with business development.
What will you be doing:
Primarily small asset types will be investigated at diverse stages of drug discovery mostly early discovery. Therefore, a strong scientific background, a critical mindset as well as a broad experience in drug discovery is needed. Besides scientific qualities, this person will need strong networking and communication capabilities, establishing key contacts with external parties looking for partnering/out-licensing opportunities in the Benelux. A clear view on competitive environments is part of the knowledge to be gathered to correctly interpret the potential impact of a certain asset. Therefore, this person will also track progress and strategies of competitors within key therapeutic areas, through the interaction with internal experts, KOLs, congresses and literature. Having an overall sense on financial projections, exit analyses could be useful. You will:
- Actively identify and evaluate external molecules available for partnering or in licensing
- Build a view on the unmet need and competitive environment in relevant therapeutic areas through a network of internal and external experts
- Liaise with a network of internal and external experts to correctly interpret the risks associated to potential weaknesses of external assets
- Assist the business development team by providing high quality scientific support
The ideal candidate will have:
- You hold a PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, medicine, biomedical sciences, bio-engineering, pharmacy or equivalent; in addition you have productive post-doc experience, illustrated by high-quality publications
- In depth knowledge of the drug discovery process, supported by a demonstrated track record in the participation to/management of drug discovery projects
- The ability to prioritise, coordinate and manage a multitude of projects simultaneously in a high performance environment
- Strong analytical skills should allow the candidate to build a complete view on the strength and weaknesses of a molecule
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Good networking and entrepreneurial skills
In case you are interested in this job, or would like to know if we can offer other similar jobs, feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate R&D | Biotechnology
Share on Social Media