Scientific Communication & Regulatory Affairs Manager - Wageningen
|Publication date:||December 12 2020|
|Employment type: ||Permanent|
|Sector: ||Food Science|
|Function Group: ||Quality/RA|
Function Group: Quality/RA / RA Manager
NutriLeads is an innovative health ingredients scale-up that develops crop-derived food ingredients with clinically proven health benefits and is currently looking for a Scientific Communication & Regulatory Affairs Manager. Nutrileads aspires to become a leading player in shaping the food system to become more sustainable, healthy, and trusted. Nutrileads is backed by top tier venture capital firms and is proud to be selected as rising food star by EIT foods, Europe’s leading food innovation initiative.
Their most advanced ingredient, Xtramune™ is a proprietary carrot-derived fibre clinically shown to support immune function and increase resistance to respiratory infections. The production has been successfully scaled from bench to large scale pilot plant production of multiple batches used for clinical trials and for the ongoing Novel Foods and GRAS procedures. They are currently working towards commercialisation of Xtramune™ via major producers of functional foods and dietary supplements starting from 2021 in the US.
To strengthen the team and to develop and drive the regulatory and scientific communication strategy globally, we are looking for an experienced Regulatory and Scientific Communications Manager. In this function, you will report directly to the CEO.
The two main objectives of the organisation are to ensure that they have market access and approved health claims for their ingredients in key markets from a regulatory perspective and to valorise the scientific evidence on their ingredients in indirect and direct communication with their (potential) B2B commercialisation partners.
Furthermore, you will:
- Be responsible for developing and implementing the science communication plan to support the launch and marketing of NutriLeads’ ingredients
- Initiate and take ownership on the development and submission of regulatory dossiers (health claims, safety) together with external experts
- Develop and execute an effective regulatory strategy for each phase of the ingredient development process to support successful market launch
- Provide input into the design of new (clinical) trials to ensure that they address the requirements from a regulatory and communication perspective
- Develop communication materials, in collaboration with the marketing/account manager, ensuring alignment with the scientific substantiation and regulatory frameworks, targeting all relevant audiences (e.g., scientific key opinion formers, health influencers, customers)
- Collaborate with external partners and represent NuriLeads to regulatory authorities with regards to the above
To be successful in this position, you must have the following experience:
- A life sciences or nutrition science background at or above MSc level
- Specific training on food regulation and law and affinity with immune and/or gut health is a plus
- At least 5 years’ experience in the interface between nutrition, regulatory and marketing, in a food/pharma environment
- Ability to turn the scientific results obtained with ingredients into compelling regulatory and communication dossiers supporting approved products
- A profound knowledge of claim development and translating nutrition & health science into consumer communication
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- You are able to see the bigger picture to set direction and use a hands-on approach that is required in a small multi-disciplinary team
- You naturally act as liaison connecting people from different disciplines and backgrounds to get the job done effectively
- Have a collaborative mindset
- You are resilient/adaptive, and remain calm and deliberate under any circumstance
- Possess good organisational skills
- Have a passion for moving novel products forward in a fast-paced environment
What can NutriLeads offer you?
- A central role in the future success of a company that fosters quick decision-making, has a promising ingredients pipeline, and the financial resources to boost activities
- The opportunity to not only be a part of the decision making process and activities in your area of responsibility, but also be exposed to and influence the work of other functions in the company
- Personal development opportunities
- An innovative international work environment with a team of energetic, passionate people with a strong reputation that want to make a positive impact on health
- A market conforms salary and compensation package with the opportunity to (partly) work from home
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Partner | Food, Feed & Plant (Sciences)