Scientist Chemistry - Anderlecht
|Publication date:||December 27 2019|
Function Group: R&D / Chemistry Scientist
To continue their ambitious growth, this Belgian-based pharmaceutical group, is currently looking to hire a Chemist for a brand new product development lab in Brussels. In this role you will pave the way for the set-up and growth of this product development lab, while learning more from senior chemists. You will help in the deformulation of existing drugs and development of new generic drugs, both for the US and European market. This way, you are an essential part to the continued success of this growing company, as well as for the patients in bringing cost-effective and high performing drugs.
To be more specific:
- Develop and validate new analytical methods, using chromatography and spectroscopy
- Evaluation of quality attributes for APIs (including review of DMF), raw materials, components, in-process materials, and finished products
- Characterise reference products and their container-closure systems, lead prototypes, and other comparator products
- Conduct product performance studies and device performance studies
- Generate Analytical Target Profile (ATP) based on Quality by Design (QbD) concepts to establish identity, safety, purity, quality, and potency of the products
- Conduct stress testing
- Establish specifications for release testing and shelf life, analyse data employing statistical techniques, and lead activities related to tech transfer
- Draft protocols, reports, standard operating procedures, and work instructions
To be successful in this role, you will bring the following expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, Biopharmaceuticals or equivalent
- Three years of industry experience
- Previous experience in developing, validating, and verifying analytical methods per regulatory requirements (USP/NF, ICH, FDA, and EMA): HPLC, UV, IR, Titrimetry, pH fermentation, Rheology, Particle Size Determination
- Hands-on experience in chromatographic data acquisition systems
- Previous involvement in testing of sterile dosage forms, following US FDA / EMA requirements
- Good understanding of QbD-based product development requirements, setting quality attributes and specifications, and testing of organic impurities, elemental impurities, residual solvents, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail-oriented analytical thinking, a team-player attitude, respect and understanding for cultural differences in different countries, and efficient utilisation of time and resources
Besides a competitive salary and secondary package, the organisation offers the chance to be a key player in the set-up and build-up of a brand new development lab. You will be working in a challenging environment where you work on projects from a to z, for both the European and US market. Under the guidance of senior chemists, you will be able to increase your technical skills and become fully proficient in all above mentioned techniques and more. As you will grow along with the group, you will have many career developments opportunities within this versatile pharma company with footholds in Belgium, USA, Ireland etc.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Consultant R&D | Biotechnological and Pharmaceutical Industry