Senior Trade Compliance Specialist EMEA - Utrecht
|Publication date:||October 19 2020|
|Employment type: ||Permanent|
|Sector: ||Medical Devices|
|Function Group: ||Supply Chain|
Function Group: Supply Chain / Distribution
For an established global leader in the field of dental innovations and products, we are looking for a Senior Trade Compliance Specialist. Within the dental market, this company is known for their top-quality products and services.
The professional in this role will be supporting all tactical operations for the European Trade Compliance division for this multinational in the EMEA region. The responsibility is to ensure that all shipments related to import or export controls comply with U.S., E.U, and local regulations. Additionally, it has to be done in a manner that meets the operating standards, high standard quality requirements, compliance programs, and in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
The scope of this position includes ensuring implementation of effective global trade network resources both internally and externally, and minimise costs while assuring compliancy with governmental laws/regulations.
- Main point of contact for trade compliance matters
- Continuous improvement of trade compliance procedures and process with the corporate policies
- Manage supply chain trade security issues as per risk assessments
- Export licensing per product
- Performing compliance audits on the export and import activities
- Audit submissions by brokers and freight forwarders and resolve errors found in entry audits. Report substantial findings to reference contacts
- Support legal department in investigating and resolving trade compliance issues
- Ensure shipping/receiving associates properly handle import/export transactions
- Anticipates and mitigates potential trade compliance problems within the organisation and mitigates risk
- Provide internal training as directed/needed
- Minimum five years of trade compliance experience in a multinational organisation
- Strong experience with managing and auditing customs brokers
- Extensive project management experience
- Deep knowledge of EU customs legislation as well as U.S. and E.U. embargo and sanctioned regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, preferably also fluent in Dutch or another European language
- Familiarity and/or experience with LEAN, six sigma or similar programs preferred
- Proactive and integer approach
If you are a result-driven professional and want to make a difference in the world, our client is the perfect fit for you.
The organisation can offer:
- Annual base salary between €55.000 to €70,000 depending on your experience
- Bonus of 10% of the annual salary
- 37,5 hours working week
- Holiday allowance of 8%
- 26 holidays
- An environment of meaningful innovation and ambitious professionals
- The opportunity to work for an established global leader
- An international team and workplace
- The ability to be the representative of a world leading organisation
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Consultant | Medical Devices