Supply Chain Manager - Brussels
|Publication date:||January 04 2021|
|Employment type: ||Permanent|
|Sector: ||Medical Devices|
|Function Group: ||Supply Chain|
Function Group: Supply Chain / Supply Chain Manager
For an organisation that develops and commercialises unique microscopes that serve the life sciences research and manufacturing industries all over the world, we are looking for a Supply Chain Manager. Recently, the organisation completed a substantial Series B financing round to realise their next stage of growth. This tech start-up located in Brussels consists of 20 ambitious professionals who are highly motivated to bring them to the next level.
This growing company is in need of a seasoned Supply Chain Manager to take ownership of the further development of the whole supply chain from beginning to end. You will be responsible for tasks such as building relationships with manufacturers, warehousing, transport, and S&OP. You will report to the CEO. The office is located in the southern part of Brussels.
Your main role is to lead the supply chain with their contract manufacturers, including planning, procurement, strategic sourcing, material handling, and logistics, ensuring the timely delivery of quality products to their customers. The role will be both externally and internally facing, improving service levels of and within the organisation.
This role requires close interaction and collaboration with their Quality Assurance Manager and, Program Manager.
- Oversee the procurement and supply of high-quality goods (cGMP compliance) and services to customers (biotech and pharmaceutical companies)
- Meet company goals in close partnership with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Evaluate and challenge supply chain partners, negotiate supply contracts (one for single-use disposable, one for capital equipment)
- Optimise the supply chain towards effectiveness and cost
- Achieve forecast accuracy objectives, and on-time delivery performance
- Coordinate across departments (R&D, quality, customer service) to ensure that these departments operate smoothly within the supply chain objectives and are on track to meet the company’s goals
- Evaluate and implement business tools to promote effective purchasing and planning
- Implement methods/systems/tools to evaluate supplier performance and manage inventories
The ideal candidate profile looks as follows:
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of five years of in supply chain
- Proven track record with setting up and implementing a supply chain strategy from A-Z, preferably in a start-up environment
- Experienced within the high-tech industry, preferably in life sciences or healthcare
- Technical knowledge to understand technical manners, such as validations
- Good understanding of supply chain from a broader perspective, including, but not limited to logistics, planning, finance, regulatory compliance, supplier management and environmental, and health and safety
- Experience with contract manufacturers in life science instrumentation and consumables is a plus
- Strong and enthusiastic communicator with a focus on solutions
- Fluency in English
The organisation can offer you the following:
- Estimated gross salary range between € 4,500 to € 6,000 per month, depending on your experience and skills
- Well-arranged pension
- Opportunities to grow and make an impact in healthcare innovation
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Consultant | Medical Devices